How to harvest efficiently and reduce failures? Operation guide for wheat harvester
1. Safety comes first. Many safety accidents have occurred during the use of the harvester. The inspection, maintenance, and use of the harvester must be done on the premise of ensuring safety. When cleaning, cleaning, inspecting, and maintaining the harvester, the engine must be turned off; when harvesting wheat, due to dry weather, special attention must be paid to fire prevention, smoking in the wheat field is strictly prohibited, and poor electrical wiring, short circuit, and engine Fire safety accidents caused by the accumulation of grass clippings around the exhaust pipe.
2. Dry but not wet
When the wheat is dry, the harvesting operation can improve the efficiency of the wheat harvester, and it is not easy to block, not easy to produce entrainment loss, and reduce the waste of wheat. Similarly, if you harvest at night, as long as there is wind and dew does not come up on the wheat, you can continue to work until the dew and moisture come up.
3. Check the maturity of wheat.
Wheat is suitable for harvesting at the end of yellow ripening or early stage of ripening. Early harvesting and high crop humidity will cause more failures of the harvester, low operation efficiency, and more harvesting losses, as well as increase the workload of drying the grain. After harvesting, the head will droop, the ears will fall naturally and the grains will increase, and the nutrients will flow backwards in the wheat, which will reduce the yield. When the wheat is in the milky maturity period, or the lodging is too serious, or the straw has a high humidity just after the rain, it is not suitable for harvesting.
4. Run first, then walk, work with high throttle.
When the wheat harvester is working in the field, it must first combine the working clutch to make the working parts such as the header, cutter, conveyor, threshing device, and cleaning device run first, and the engine throttle must be stepped to the bottom to reach the rated working speed. , The operator can drive and operate the wheat harvester to walk and start the harvesting operation. Otherwise, the cutting knife may be blocked, unable to cut off, blocked, or improperly threshing, etc., and may not work properly.
5. The speed of high-yield fields should be reduced, and the speed of low-yield fields should be increased.
There is an upper limit for the maximum feeding amount of the wheat harvester. If the feeding amount is too large, it is easy to cause the separation and cleaning to be overloaded, and the loss may exceed the standard. The excessive loss of some harvesters has a lot to do with the operator’s blind pursuit of efficiency and speed. When operating in a high-yield field, if the loss exceeds the standard, most of these problems can be solved as long as the speed is reduced.
6. Check the harvester in time.
Before harvesting or during harvesting, the harvester must be inspected and maintained in time according to the technical requirements of the harvester manual. If problems are found, they should be dealt with in time to keep the harvester in good technical condition.